|Project title||VESTA PROGRAM – Help for Abused Women|
|Thematic area||Gender and equal opportunities|
|Name of the organization||Hungarian Red Cross Committe of the Zala County|
|Postal address||8900 Zalaegerszeg, Disz tér 7.|
|Phone||00 36 92 510 415|
|Project manager||dr. Dömötör László|
|Project timeframe||March 1st, 2015 - April 30th, 2016|
|Amount of support||49,642 €|
The project aimed at supporting abused women and their children, through the following means:
- Crisis Radar: information activities, operation of a detection system,
- Crisis Center: immediate and temporary housing for abused women and their children,
- Pointer: assistance with case management,
- Vesta Group: community activities,
- knowledge Sharing: informing the public, transfer of the project values to the professional public.
Methods and main project activities were information publications, public forums, cooperation agreements with authorities and professional organizations, a non-stop helpline, creating a protected living room, exit program, guidance,an awareness raising campaign in public institutions and media and a professional conference. Through all this they hope to achieve increased awareness towards the issues and a reduction in the number of abuse cases.