|Project title||Roma identity in pictures|
|Thematic area||Empowerment of vulnerable groups, including Roma|
|Name of the organization||Uccu Roma Informal Educational Foundation|
|Postal address||Budapest 1137, Katona József utca 2/E|
|Phone||+ 36 20 976 5252|
|Project manager||László Flóra|
|Project timeframe||September 2nd, 2013 - June 1st, 2014|
|Amount of support||9,664 €|
15.1. Project title: Roma identity in pictures
15.2. Project goals and objectives:
To strengthen Uccu Foundation’s basic activity, augmenting tolerance and reducing prejudices against the Roma society among students between the age of 14-19. With the help of the project, a new Uccu module will be established. This module has a visual part, with a photo exhibition installed in schools and an additional school module, being held always after the exhibition.
With the new module our goal is to strengthen Uccu’s general activity and the capacity building of the Roma volunteer team.
15.3. Target group:
The main target group is the students between the ages of 14-19, being involved in the project. Also an important target group is the Roma volunteer team. The secondary target group is teachers and the surroundings of students and the whole Roma society, living in Hungary.
15.4. Used methods and project activity:
- Framing the material of the photo exhibition – researching already existing photos and projects.
- Implementation of the exhibition.
- Implementation of the Uccu educational school module, with the active participation of the Roma volunteer team.
- Leading 6 pilot school occasions with the project.
- Reconstruction of the educational module after the experiences in the 6 pilot schools.
15.5. Level of involvement and activity of partners:
Haver Foundation as cooperating partner will be helping in the implementation of the new educational module.