|Project title||Rather together|
|Thematic area||Empowerment of vulnerable groups, including Roma|
|Name of the organization||Tilos Cultural Foundation|
|Postal address||1462 Budapest, Postafiók 601.|
|Project manager||Csabai Gábor|
|Project timeframe||September 1st, 2013 - April 30th, 2014|
|Amount of support||10,000 €|
The goal is to establish a training studio at Tilos Radio in Bp. and create a complex training program for community radio broadcasters. Using these we will train Roma volunteers with the objective of creating a Roma community radio in Sajokaza.
The primary target groups are: the Tilos Radio and members of Tilos who provide the training and the students of the Dr. Ámbédkár high-school as the broadcasters of the future community radio. The secondary group is the audience of the Roma radio and all the co-operators in Sajókaza.
• selecting the project co-ordinator and the trainers of Tilos Radio
• creating the complex training course and the timetable
• selecting the partner co-ordinator and the participating students in Sajókaza
• establishing the training studio at Tilos Radio in Bp.
• the training program
• selection and acquisition of the studio equipment as a part of the course
• establishing the radio studio in Sajókaza
• radio practices: how to make a real radio show
• the first live broadcast as a net-radio
• the first administrative steps to obtain an “on air” broadcasting licence
Establishing the studio, the complex, community-forming tasks that the process required and the multifarious experiences gained through them, were all highly influential to all directly involved participants, while the community radio's voice created democracy, besides being a generator element of creativity and social activity.