|Project title||Creative art against racism - Fashion workshop for youngsters|
|Thematic area||Youth and children issues|
|Name of the organization||Amaro Trajo OUR LIFE Foundation for Romani Culture|
|Postal address||1073 Budapest, Erzsébet krt. 26. 4/18.|
|Phone||06 30 258 9774|
|Project manager||Varga Erika|
|Project timeframe||September 23rd, 2013 - May 28th, 2014|
|Amount of support||9,996 €|
The project's primary objective is to foster the integration of Roma. Its specific aim is to change the attitudes of children and young people and fight racism and hate speech in an innovative way: through the language of fashion and design and with nonformal methods of learning.
The direct target group of the project is Roma and non-Roma children and young people and their educational institutions. The project's indirect target group is the local community and the wider public opinion.
1. Creative arts against racism - fashion workshop for youth: skill-developing training in fashion and design, based on the traditions of the Roma wear culture
2. Contemporary Romani competition: creation of fashion designs using Roma wear traditions
3. Get to know the Roma - interactive arts and romology workshop: complex conflict management and skills development with the tools of arts in and outside of educational institutions (in Budapest and Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county)
4. Website showcasing the activities, project results, pieces of art, participating school communities and the local communities around them, Roma wear culture and the workshops (with photos, videos, interviews and blog, etc.)
5. Closing exhibition featuring the pieces for the competition and designed at the workshops.