|Project title||Community foundations in Hungary|
|Thematic area||Community and organizational development|
|Name of the organization||Civitalis Association|
|Postal address||1158 Budapest, Ady E. u. 47.|
|Phone||+36 1 419 2319|
|Project manager||Scsaurszki Tamás|
|Project timeframe||October 1st, 2013 - October 1st, 2015|
|Amount of support||98,000 €|
1. The project has three closely interrelated goals: a) to enable Civitalis Association to support the continued development of the community foundation (CF) movement in Hungary, b) to build the capacity of 15 NGOs so that they can initiate a CF in their communities, c) to provide organisational development support to the two operating CFs.
2. The main elements are the establishment of the National Support Group to support the Association’s work with CFs with advice, to study the different national support schemes available in the region, and develop the most adequate support scheme for Hungary.
3. One of our target groups is NGOs that work in communities with more than 75,000 inhabitants, have a high level of social capital and would like to contribute to the long-term development of their communities by setting up a CF. The other is the two operating CFs: Életminőségért Alapítvány in Eger and the Ferencváros Community Foundation in Budapest.
4. Most important project activities include designing and starting the National Support Group, selecting the 15 most suitable NGOs and implementing a tailor-made capacity building program for them and the two operating CFs, and integrating the Hungarian CF movement into the international movement.
5. By the end of the project the Association will have a elaborated strategy and adequate organisational capacity to support the development of CFs and there will be 4 additional CFs in the country.